Monday, April 4, 2011

Wow, You clean up well!

I belong to a delightful and somewhat new facebook group with the telling title of Runners Anonymous.  We've gotten together for a few runs with more to come, and last night our Fearless Leader Kevin, hosted a non-running meet-and-greet get-together at his lovely home which, unfortunately, is MUCH too far from here.  Immediately, upon arrival, we all noticed something interesting about each other.  We looked GOOD!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't typically fuss with grooming when I go running.  Sunglasses and a hat usually cover the scary stuff.  Besides we all head directly home to our individual showers afterwards.  Added to this "glamor" are lots of sweat and lively aromas (not me!).   So when you ONLY see a person in that state of non-fashion, you forget that they may have actual lives outside of running.  And that the women actually may wear makeup or jewelry, and that they have another hairstyle besides a ponytail.

Who knew?  So I'm putting this photo:
out into cyber-world to document that I DON'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ....



this:



 ..... or ..... (Caution!) ... this.
(You've gotta cut me a little slack with this one.  It was my 3rd run on the 2nd day in the amazing, but grungy, world of the Hood to Coast relay.)

4 comments:

  1. I love RA!! (And that last picture makes me want to shout GO GoLDS!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, actually that was the STORMIN' MORMONS year. :-)

    ReplyDelete