1. Space for my kids to gather.
2. Long showers .... although when we're hooked up in a campground, we can shower as long as we want. It's just that most of the time, we're not in a campground and the tank levels become all-important.
3. Security in bad weather. We've had our share of leaks and frozen slides this past winter. [Review: Slides are those portions of a motorhome that (when parked) expand out for more space so we don't have to climb over the bed to reach the closet.] During the ice storms that besieged us in recent months, the slides literally froze open with a thick layer of ice on top. This is not good when it's time to drive to the all-necessary dump station. (See #2, no pun intended)
4. Hard ice cream. Our freezer is sufficient, but not ideal. And all soft ice cream should (in my opinion) come directly, and exclusively, from Dairy Queen.
5. Decorating. Presently I cannot buy a piece of art, or pottery, or any of a million knickknacks that women, in general, tend to fill their homes with. (This actually has been a good thing.)
6. Unlimited water drainage. I miss not having to dump the used dish water into the toilet to keep the other tank from getting too full. Again, it's all about the tanks. Getting water is easy. Getting rid of it, not so much.
7. Being able to use my blow dryer, vacuum cleaner, toaster, electric fry pan, etc., WITHOUT first turning off the space heaters. (We have a perfectly good furnace but it uses propane which must be refilled via driving to some place that sells it. So we use electric space heaters quite a bit.) I have notes attached to most of these appliances to remind me. The notes do not work. We are always reflipping the breaker and restarting Husband's computer, preceded by a loud "Darn-it!" from Yours Truly.
8. Air conditioning. Yeah, we have that too. But it's a little noisy and we seldom turn it on. The point was to not BE where it's hot, which has proven to be more complicated than it sounds.
9. My washer and dryer. I have gained intimate familiarity with too many laundromats. PLUS the "fun" of hauling my basket of dirty clothes across a very public parking lot in a town where I know people. (The miserably few non-handicap parking spaces close to the laundromat door are almost always full.)
10. A garage. I had a rude reminder last winter about having to scrape frost off car windows. T'was a lesson in empathy for chronic garage-less-ness.
What I DON'T miss:
2. Large spaces to clean, including multiple bathrooms.
4. Cable/satellite TV. This one surprised me. I discovered that as long as I have Wifi, I'm happy.
5. A dishwasher. Not kidding.
6. Stairs and/or having to walk more than a dozen steps to anything indoors.
7. A large closet. Still not kidding.
8. All the stuff.