Friday, January 28, 2011

I take no credit ...


... for my kids.  I do think that before this life, I asked the Lord to give me His best and He listened.  And since this blog is about running, I want to dedicate this post to my daughter Lindsay who has become my Favorite Running Partner, aka FRP.


One of the sweetest things about this whole running experience is the bond it creates between kindred spirits who share the love of running.  I have bonded with my Hood to Coast teammates, online running friends whom I have yet to meet face-to-face, strangers at starting lines, and several salespeople at a couple of local running shoe stores.  I have also bonded with up-and-coming runners who are just beginning to catch a glimpse of the joy.  But when you can establish yet another bond with your own daughter, and she WANTS to run with you - well, that beats all.

(Our eager 9 year old grandson Garret who, in spite of handicaps, loves to hit the pavement with his mom.)

I can't imagine what I did to deserve to be her mother, but it must have been something really good. 


But more likely, I simply won the lottery.

4 comments: