Friday, February 25, 2011

The Wall - Dedicated to my 3 terrific sons, who'd BETTER be proud of their mom for this!


In the World of a Runner, the mention of a wall, usually brings to mind something that you "hit" at some point during an excruciatingly long run.  Meaning the point at which everything within you, mental and physical, shuts down, and you either give up, or drag yourself through it.  I've never experienced it YET, and fear the first time I do.  However, happily, that's not the wall I'm writing about in this post.

I'm referring to an actual WALL.  That I climbed.  Ha! 

One of the reasons we chose the cruise ship that we were on is because of the multitude of activities available.  One of them is a climbing wall.  This is a sport I've never attempted, nor wanted to attempt.  However, I've discovered that a few perceived successes on one sport can buoy you up with just enough confidence to try other sports.  


So I did.
You'd THINK the rope would offer some help.  It doesn't.
My arms have never been so tired!  But I RANG that darn bell!
Below is a picture of Bryce, who climbed it the night before.  He zipped right up to the top (using "good form" according to the guy at the other end of the rope), which is his usual manner of doing everything he puts his mind to, so well.
May this be the only "WALL" I ever encounter in my marathon quest.  Please.

2 comments:

  1. So, were you in agony the next day? I just remember that when I climbed at Smith rock with the YW, I found muscles I didn't know existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't notice soreness from it, but I'd been working out in the spa and my arms were already sore from that.

    ReplyDelete