Thursday, February 24, 2011

Facebook, blogs, endearing addictions

I like to write.  Who knew?  I sure didn't have a clue until recently.  When a topic comes to mind, I just sit down at the keyboard and the words appear.  With memories of dreary writing assignments in school, from creative stories in the 5th grade, to essays in a college English class, all of which I hated, this is quite wondrous to me.  Since starting this blog just over two months ago, I can hardly stay away from it.  Or maybe it's the computer I can't stay away from.  I found this in the latest Reader's Digest that says it well:

"You've got a slide show due on Wednesday, you need to wash your son's soccer uniform before tomorrow, you haven't had your teeth cleaned in eight months, and the faucet has been leaking since last Tuesday.  So what do you do?  Update your Facebook status, of course!"

Who CAN'T relate to this?  (At least I ADMIT to being a Facebook junkie and blogging is now added to my personal list of addictions.)

A blog is, in a sense, like a piece of your own original art that you tweak to DEATH, then submit to the world and nervously wait for approval, acceptance, or ANY reaction whatsoever.

So, with absolutely nothing new to say about Running at the moment  -- other than Favorite Running Partner and I have another killer long run to do this week (gotta whine!) -- here I am, fussing over my blog, wasting time, before I go back to what I SHOULD be doing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you blog and Facebook--it's fun to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I did with myself before blogging and blog-surfing!

    ReplyDelete