Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Dilemma

I've been thinking about starting another blog.  I want to write about other subjects in addition to running so the question is -- do I continue pouring the increasing stream of non-related topics into this one, or maintain a second blog adding more hours spent on my laptop?  Since I have discovered my love for writing, I could happily blog away the hours, but that doesn't bode well with Life in General.  Blogging just doesn't get much laundry done, errands ran, bills paid, or Husband-time devoted to.  However, the weeds in my back yard happily thrive on it.

It took me months to start this blog because I got hung up on choosing a name.  So a new blog poses the same hurdle.  ..... Which segues to the obvious question on the minds of my small, but cherished, audience:  What the heck does she want to gripe about NOW?

Well, since you asked, it's only a couple of innocent, non-controversial subjects ....... namely religion and politics, peppered with ethics and conservatism.  Yes.  I have opinions.  (And you can see why choosing a blog title that doesn't immediately put the entire internet to sleep, is no small task here.)  With the approach of what is likely to be the most important election in my lifetime thus far, and the possibility of the presidency involving a member of my WONDERFUL-yet-too-often-misunderstood church which I am passionately compelled to defend ...... either I drive my facebook friends crazy with my rants, or I vent through the blogosphere.  (Husband's comment to me:  "You'll do both.")  Maybe so, but there is a world to save, and I feel the need to speak out .....

So while I stew over the options, you may all take a moment to enjoy my tulips which are actually blooming!
Husband urged me out to the patio and even cooked a steak for me while I typed.  With that idyllic thought, you are probably now wondering why on earth why I feel the need to vent about anything.  Gazing at my tulips and being lulled by the scent of our nearby magnolia bush ....... I .... um .... hmmm ...... can't remember the reason either.

4 comments:

  1. OK, you know I'm now trying to think of a blog title... I think it should include the word MORMON so it pops up in searches. Something like AmericanMormonVoter? That's not exciting, but it gets the job done... Or how about Modern Mormonism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your comments here and I don't mind when they are not just about running. I think one blog is great it shows how well rounded you truly are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the input!

    Lins - Did I talk to you about this already, or can you read my mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've talked a couple times about another blog. But if you start another blog will you tire of keeping both up?

    ReplyDelete