Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My random milestone

I just noticed that it has been SIX months, to the day, since I started this blog.  And this is my 50th post.  There was no forethought, planning, nor maneuvering to make this anything but the sort-of-coincidence that it is.  Completely random.  And I have nothing significant to say at the moment, other than to acknowledge this festive little milestone.  One question does come to mind though .... What the heck did I fill 50 posts with?  (Yes, I know, poor English, but if said properly, I can't fit heck in there and the sentence definitely needed a heck.)

Fifty posts!  Good grief, have I bored you all to death yet .... assuming you're still here??

I had no idea where this blog would go when I started it, how long it would last, nor did I foresee what it would teach me.   Such as ....
I learned I like to write, as long as I like the subject.  I learned I don't have to put a lot of thought into it --- the words just come.  (Should I admit to that?)  The tweaking and editing AFTER it's written, is much more work than the initial writing and may drag on for days after it's "published" online .... another thing I've learned.   I've also learned that once I start a post, I cannot tear myself away until it's done.  So I have to be careful at times like this.  There can be no pressing deadlines ..... nowhere I need to be ...... because time stops and responsibilities evaporate once I start typing.

I've also learned that ANYTHING can inspire a post.  It doesn't have to be a BIG EVENT like a marathon or the Hood to Coast Relay.  It can just be this - my 50th Post on my blog's Six Month Anniversary.

1 comment: